Rebecca Y. Lai
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Department of Chemistry
Lincoln NE 68588-0304
Phone: (402) 472-5340
Lab: (402) 472-2681
Fax: (402) 472-9402
Professor Lai received her B.S. degree in Biochemistry from California State University, Los Angeles in 1999 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Texas at Austin in 2003. She was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California, Santa Barbara from 2003-2007.
Dr. Lai was featured in UNL Today for her CAREER award for her research on electrochemical biosensors!
Dr. Lai was featured in the Daily Nebraskan for her Harry Potter themed chemistry Class!
- Design and Synthesis of a New Class of Twin-Chain Amphiphiles for Self-Assembled Monolayer-based Electrochemical Biosensor Applications. Fisher, T.J.; Cañete, S.J. P.; Lai, R.Y.; Dussault, P.H. European Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2013 (accepted).
- "Signal-on" Electrochemical DNA Sensor with an Oligo-thymine Spacer for Point Mutation Detection. Wu, Y.; Lai, R.Y. Chem. Commun. 2013 DOI:10.1039/C3CC41281D
- The Effect of Signaling Probe Conformation on Sensor Performance of a Displacement-based Electrochemical DNA Sensor. Yu, Z.; Lai, R.Y. Analytical Chemistry, 2013 DOI: 10.1021/ac3037987
- Development of an Electrochemical Insulin Sensor Based on the Insulin-linked Polymorphic Region. Gerasimov, J.Y.; Schaefer, C.S.; Yang, W.; Grout, R.L.; Lai, R.Y. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2013, 42, 62-68. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2012.10.046
- A Reagentless and Reusable Electrochemical DNA Sensor Based on Target Hybridization-induced Stem-loop Probe Formation.Yu, Z.; Lai, R. Y. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 10523-10525
- A Dual-signalling Electrochemical DNA Sensor Based on Target Hybridization-induced Change in DNA Probe Flexibility. Yang, W.; Lai, R. Y. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 8703-8705
- Comparison of the Stem-loop and Linear Probe-based Electrochemical DNA Sensors by Alternating Current Voltammetry and Cyclic Voltammetry. Yang, W.; Lai, R. Y. Langmuir, 2011, 27, 14669-14677.
- Design and Characterization of a Metal Ion-Imidazole Self-Assembled Monolayer for Reversible Immobilization of Histidine-tagged Peptides Zaitouna, A. J.; Lai, R.Y. Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 12391-12393.
- Design and Characterization of an Electrochemical Peptide-based Sensor Fabricated via “Click” Chemistry. Gerasimov, J. Y.; Lai, R. Y. Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 8688-8690.
- A Folding-based Electrochemical Aptasensor for Detection of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in Human Whole Blood. Zhao, S.; Yang, W.; Lai, R. Y. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2011, 26, 2442-2447
- Fabrication of an Electrochemical DNA Sensor Array via Potential-assisted “Click” Chemistry. Caňete, S. J. P.; Lai, R. Y. ChemComm., 2010, 46, 3941-3943
- An Electrochemical Peptide-based Biosensing Platform for HIV Detection. Gerasimov J. Y.; Lai, R. Y. Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 395-397.